Saturday, February 17, 2007

Then and Now

My friend Erica's post about her two tots "then and now" has inspired me to do the same about Grayson (thanks, Erica, I hope you don't mind). I remember when we were waiting to adopt from Guatemala, I used to love to see the pictures of people's referrals and then pictures of their children at the current time. It really helped me to see a light at the end of the tunnel; however, I had never really thought about doing it for Grayson until seeing Erica's post.

Well, today Grayson is 15 months old and I remember at this time last year, he turned three months old. This is a big milestone during the first year and I had a blast taking pictures of him. I've posted a couple of my favorites.

Note how well-dressed he is in each photo. I remember I took pictures of him in three different outfits that day and he was pretty agreeable up until the last one (the Fubu outfit that's pictured on the right, it was a gift from our friend Flo) and even then I still got a few good shots.

And here's a picture from today:

The best way to describe this disaster is complete chaos. Let's see...mismatched clothes, one slipper off, toys everywhere. Yeah, chaos is about right. But I wouldn't change it for anything. As a toddler, he's learned to push my buttons, and he does it well, but when he runs to greet me to give me a hug, or simply stops playing, walks up to me and places his head on my lap just to remind me that he loves me, it's all worth it.

Happy 15 months, little man!! You mean everything to me.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, he is gorgeous! Isn't it so "scary" to look back at them as tiny babies and realize how fast it has gone?! Grayson, we love ya, happy 15 months!

Anonymous said...

Grayson is so stunning, I didn't even notice his mismatched outfit or missing footwear until you pointed it out.

Love the "then and now" angle