Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wow, What a Trip!

I know it has been way too long since my last post, but Grayson and I were on the coast of Alabama last week visiting friends I have gotten to know over the years on IVF Connections. When we got back, I was in a lot of pain because I pulled my back out on the plane trying to keep Grayson on my lap (this actually occured on the way down), plus I was completely exhausted. And then yesterday I got very, very sick. So here I am. Finally. And I'm feeling much better.

As for the trip, it was incredible!! It was so amazing to actually meet the people I've gotten to know on-line. Grayson had a great time playing with the other children, although he tired me out. He wouldn't take naps and he stayed up late with the rest of us. Plus, he didn't want to sleep in his Pack-N-Play (I think this was more because he wanted to stay up rather than the PNP itself) so he slept with me. In a twin bed. And this is something we've NEVER done. Needless to say, given the fact that I had pulled my back on the plane, was sleeping in a bed with a little man who is squirmy, and the bed was a tad bit on the firm side, I didn't get much sleep. It didn't matter though, I loved getting to know the girls and their children. Plus one husband! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Some of the definite highlights of the trip for Grayson were playing in the ocean, jumping off the side of the pool into my arms, and the boat trip. The pictures I took really don't capture his absolute joy, but you can take a look at a few of them here. He saw the ocean for the first time last year, but at that point he wasn't even crawling yet. This time he would run toward the water and throw himself into the waves. It was so much fun to watch.
As for the pool, we've been in my sister's pool a number of times this summer, but because it's an above ground pool, there's really no way for him to sit on the side and jump in. Once he discovered this was something he could do, he wanted to do it over and over again.

On the boat trip, Grayson had a blast. He loved standing at the front of the boat, but he loved to help steer it even more. Oh, and honking the horn non-stop. Unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins, but I don't think Grayson cared in the least.
I think we're finally back in our groove here. Grayson went back to his schedule almost immediately, thank goodness, but I've had a harder time as I mentioned above. I look forward to another get-together!!

3 comments:

Super B's Mom said...

Found my way over via The Long, Long Journey...

Glad you had a great time in AL! Your son is GORGEOUS! What a doll!!

Anne C. said...

Great pictures of Grayson, Laura.
Remember to take good care of yourself! Hugs.

Mel said...

We did have a wonderful time, didn't we? I wish I was back on the beach ...