Saturday, July 19, 2008

It Just Doesn't Get Much Better

This was an incredible week for both Grayson and me. He was able to go to Vacation Bible School for the first time and he LOVED it. He wasn't quite old enough, the children are supposed to be three, but because the teacher of the pre-school class knew him and her son loves Grayson, she said it would be okay for him to come. I can't even explain how excited he was each day that he came home and how he looked forward to going the next morning. He really enjoyed it and I'm so grateful.

The last day of Bible School, the Church set up water slides and pools for the kids. This was so much fun to watch. At first Grayson was hesitant because the water was cool, but after realizing it was almost 100 degrees outside and the water actually felt pretty good, he jumped right in. Literally.
For more pictures of his last day, click here.

Friday night, Grayson went to a local carnival with his cousins, Tevyn and Trevor. As you know, Grayson loves the rides so I knew this would be a good time. He did have a blast on the kid rides, but we also rode along with them on the Tilt-A-Whirl and the Scrambler and they couldn't have been happier. Before we left, we allowed the boys to throw balls at the fish game. Grayson actually got one of his balls in a fish bowl and won a fish! Willie (Tevyn and Trevor's dad), then got two in, so each boy won a fish. We brought them to my house and put them in the pond. We'll see how they do! I'm surprised Grayson hasn't already asked to go down to see them. (FYI, it's a real pond, not a little garden pond.)

And as for me, it was an amazing week! Since Grayson was at Bible School each morning, I was able to use that free time to focus on Learning is an Art and it really paid off. My business is doing great and I'm even more excited about it. I can't wait to see watch the future holds!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

That's so cool he had fun at VBS! Benjamin can start Hebrew school once he's three and potty-trained, so we'll see how that goes. How's Grayson doing with the potty?

Anne C. said...

Wonderful to hear things are going so well. :)