Thursday, March 02, 2006

Goodbye, Mom Mom, We Love You!

On Saturday night, February 25th, Dominic's Mom passed away after battling ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) for over two years. She was an incredibly strong and loving woman who was determined to live her final years the way she wanted - and she did. We are so glad Grayson was able to meet her and that we have pictures of them together. We will truly cherish these memories.

I would like to share the quote that was provided to all the guests at the viewings and funeral. Dominic and his sister chose it and they believe this best describes their mother's journey.



I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God has laid out for me.
I took his hand when I heard Him call, I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day, to laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found my peace at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss. Ah yes. These things I too will miss.
But be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much.
Good friends good times, a loved one's touch.
Lift your hearts and share with me. God wanted me now, He set me free.

3 comments:

Mel said...

That is a wonderful poem, and she sounds like an amazing woman. I am sorry for the loss, but also glad that Grayson got to meet his grandmother.

Erica said...

Laura, what a lovely tribute. I am glad she is at peace now, after that long struggle. She must have been so happy that she could hold on long enough to see you & Dominic happy with the amazing Grayson.

My thoughts are with you all...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
I am still thinking of you guys.