Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dada's Day

So after a month of trying to get Grayson to say Mama (since he had been making the ma sound for a while) on Friday the 16th he decided to say Dada. It was so clear, I actually yelled for Dominic to come into the room to hear him. I would say the word and Grayson would repeat it. However, he hasn't said it since, so I'm not going to count it as his first word quite yet. But that's the reason for the title of this post rather than the standard "Father's Day," which as everyone knows was this past Sunday.

Our Father's Day weekend was a busy one, as our weekends usually are. On Saturday, Britnee watched Grayson while I took Dominic's truck to get the windows tinted. This was the biggest part of his Father's Day gift and he didn't know I was having it done. That afternoon Grayson and I went to visit my parents. While we were there, he got pretty close to actually crawling, so I think he's almost there. After that trip, Grayson and I headed over to church for dinner. Grayson sat in his booster seat at the table for the first time. It looks like we'll be retiring the Bumbo seat soon.

On actual Father's Day Dominic was off work, so we were able to spend the day together as a family. When Dominic got home from the Fire Department that morning, he didn't notice the tinted windows at first, but once I pointed them out to him, he was happy with the gift. After church, we headed to a friend's house for lunch. I got to see a bunch of my college friends. It had been way too long since we all had gotten together and it was so great to see everyone. I wish we could do it more often. They also hadn't seen Grayson since January and they couldn't believe how much he had grown.

As you can imagine, Grayson was pretty pooped by the end of the weekend but as usual he was a perfect little guy the entire time. We couldn't have asked for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heeeey Grandaddy has one of my shirts on!! Just thought I would point that out :-P