Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fourteen Months Old...Yesterday

Grayson turned fourteen months old yesterday and it was also "Show Week" at Little Gym. During the class, the kids can show what they've learned to any guests and parents in attendance. I think because of the extra attention and because I'm trying to get Grayson to take a regular nap in the afternoon, and the class hits right at the beginning of it, Grayson was a bit wound up. Unfortunately, this drove me a little crazy as I was chasing after him the entire time, but when it came time for him to receive his medal of accomplishment and his certificate, he went right up on stage by himself and stood there proudly as Dr. Evan placed the medal around his neck.
Also today we can add another accomplishment onto his list. When we went to his 12 month appointment (a month late, at the end of December), the checklist that measures his developmental progression asked if he could drink from a non-sippy cup with minimal spillage. I honestly hadn't even tried it, so I thought I would start working with him at his meals. Well, today was the first day I gave him the chance and he did it very, very well. He even was able to sit the cup down by himself and pick it up to take a drink without spilling it. Such a big boy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww. That's great! And I spend months and months and months trying to teach kids how to drink from an open cup. I'm so glad to hear he's a natural!