Monday, January 15, 2007

The Look of Love

This past week has been a rough one for my family. Last Monday, my father was rushed to the ER because of an irregular EKG after he went to his doctor because of trouble breathing. From there he was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Baltimore and on Wednesday, he underwent a quadruple bypass. As you can imagine, this was all very shocking to our family, but he is recovering very well.

Yesterday while Dominic and I were driving my father home from the hospital, I looked into the back seat to see my Mom looking over at my Dad. On her face she had the most incredible look of love. My parents have been married for over 50 years and it's hard to imagine one without the other. We came so close to losing my Dad and I can only imagine what was going through her mind at that time.

I know there are many times when I look at Grayson and Dominic with that same look. I know how lucky I am to have them both in my life and I can't imagine it any other way.

2 comments:

Anne C. said...

Thanks for this lovely story, Laura. I hope your dad is doing well and continues to live many more years with such love.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Thanks for the blog. What a beautiful story and an adorable child. You're a lucky lady.:)

Marla from ivf conn.