Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Our Little Stud Muffin

It's been a while since I posted, but that's because poor Grayson was very, very sick last week. His temperature actually went over 104 a couple times, but luckily it never got serious. He definitely wasn't himself and it was rather stressful for me. One day he wouldn't let me put him down, so I couldn't do anything and we actually spent the entire day on the couch. I haven't had a single day like that with him. Ever. The next day he decided he wanted nothing to do with me and he cried constantly. The best way to describe him is "Zombie Baby." He literally walked around aimlessly, crying and randomly touching things. He would then walk in another direction and do the same thing. He would come up to me and act like he wanted to be held, but when I tried he pushed me away. This actually went on for hours. At one point, I was so desperate I called my mother and then my sister for advice. I got him to calm down by taking him for a ride in the car, but he still wasn't happy. Later that night Heidi had to babysit him for me and he did the same thing to her. I felt so guilty. Luckily we got him to bed so she didn't have to put up with it for too long. Needless to say, it was a very long week. He was finally back to his old self last Friday and was a joy to be around. Oh, and by the way, all this crying, whining, and high fever stuff took place during the first week of our basement renovation. I can only imagine what all the workers were thinking!

We are now onto happier times, which leads me to the title of the post. I picked up this shirt to have some professional pictures taken of Grayson for Valentine's Day (we get them for free from The Picture People), but on the first day he wore it, I decided to take a few myself of course. As you can see, he's quite the heartbreaker already!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, very cute pics! :) glad he's feeling better!

Anne C. said...

Congratulations on making it through a tough week! You're a great mom!