Saturday, February 07, 2009

Change is Coming

This past week has brought a lot of changes. Back in December I decided I was ready to return to work full time. It took a lot of soul searching and discussion with family and friends, but it felt like the right thing to do. I started applying for jobs at that time and received a job offer last week. They asked me to start on Monday, so in just a few days I had to prepare myself for work and get Grayson ready for a new school.

Which is the other change...Grayson will be switching schools on Monday. I'm a little nervous, as much as I couldn't stand how often Grayson's school closed due to weather, I knew he was learning a lot with his teacher. I really do like the new school we chose, but it seems the class he's joining is a little behind compared to what Grayson has been studying. Plus, I think he's the oldest kid in the class. I know he's going to like all the activities and outside play, but this will also be the first time he's away from me all day long on a regular basis. Hopefully all will go well.

I took this picture to mark his last day with the old school. Here come the changes, we better get ready!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Congrats on the job, what will you be doing? I'm sure Grayson will transition just fine to his new school. And I love the b/w photo of the three of you on the left-hand side of the blog.

Happy birthday Dominic!

Anne C. said...

I second Mel's remarks, particularly the one about the black and white photo. Love it!

Anonymous said...

He is soooo grown up now!!!!