Monday, March 05, 2007

The Bloodwork Saga Continues

Grayson's pediatrician and I finally spoke last Friday after a week's worth of phone tag and it turns out that his white blood cell count is still high. They still aren't sure of the reason nor do they seem overly concerned, but I now have to wait until he shows no signs of any type of illness (no runny nose, coughing, anything) then take him in to be seen by the doctor and then go directly to have his blood drawn AGAIN!! Yes, the poor kid has to be stuck once more. He's been very healthy these past few days, but I'm going to be cautious and wait a little longer to make sure he doesn't pick up anything. And really, is that even possible at this time of year with a toddler???

I'm trying not to worry, but of course my mind is anticipating the worst case scenario. Considering the way Grayson reacts when they do the bloodwork, the count could even be a result of stress. Who knows? I just hope the next time comes back normal.

2 comments:

Erica said...

ACK! I'm so sorry G's wbc's are still elevated, and I hope it's just a tiny blip on the radar.

Sorry you have to go back again for another draw, how frustrating for you, and ouchy/scary for Grayson! I hope it goes smoothly and you get a normal result.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura I am so sorry! I hope everything is fine and this is the last poke!!!!
Poor Grayson :(