Thursday, March 08, 2007

Grayson's New Truck

We got snow again yesterday, but it doesn't matter now because I've traded in my RX8 for a Toyota FJ Cruiser. This was one of the toughest decisions I've ever made because I absolutely adored my RX8, but after the last snow storm I tried to go to the grocery store and didn't even make it a half mile away from my house without skidding all over the road. And this was after the roads were plowed!! So, I started to realize the days with my RX8 were numbered and I began to research four-wheel drive vehicles. That's when I found the FJ Cruiser. It's a cool looking SUV that can pretty much go anywhere. After researching it and its competitors extensively on-line, I went to take a look at one to make sure that I could not only fit two kids in the backseat (since we plan on adopting a second time), but that all their stuff could fit in the trunk. The problem with my RX8 was that I had no problem getting a carseat in the back, but I could barely fit anything in the trunk and when you have kids, that becomes an issue.

So, I call it Grayson's new truck because he is definitely one of the main reasons we bought it. I now feel confident that I won't be stuck in the mountains with a child during a snowstorm and I know this is a vehicle we'll be able to grow with.


By the way, I've already had to take it "off-road." When I got home on Tuesday our driveway was filled with worker's trucks, so I had to park it in our steep yard which is currently very soft and muddy from all the snow and rain. My RX8 would NEVER have been able to do that!!

1 comment:

Anne C. said...

What a funny coincidence. A former coworker of mine just stopped by the office today to show us his new Toyota FJ Cruiser. Looks fabulous.

And in another bit of coincidence, I just bought a "new" car this weekend myself - a 2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon. It's got all wheel drive, which can be important here in CO sometimes.

Congratulations on the new car!