Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Milestones

Today Grayson turns six months old. When Dominic and I started the adoption process last April, we hoped and prayed we would have our baby home by Mother's Day. In the world of adoption, they warn you to never set expectations based on dates and it was emotionally risky for us to do so, but it was also risky for us to switch from Guatemala adoption to domestic and I'm so glad we did. It is amazing to me to think that if we had stayed with Guatemala, we would most likely not have our baby home with us at this time. We wouldn't have Grayson, Dominic's Mom would never have met our baby, and we would not yet be a family of three. It's incredible how one key decision can change your lives forever. But enough about me and how I'm feeling right now, let's talk a little about our amazing little man - Grayson.

He's done pretty well for his first six months. He's been on a little vacation, he attended his first Super Bowl party, and he's won the hearts of many admirers. Just to be official, here are some formal milestones:
  • First smile - December 23, 2005, I was rocking him and he looked up and grinned.
  • First slept through the night - February 10, 2006, This was a very important milestone for me!! I finally got a decent night's sleep and have ever since.
  • First laugh - April 11, 2006, Even though many people kept trying to convince me that his squealing was a laugh, I knew better and on this day he finally giggled.
  • First rolled over from front to back - March 30, 2006, Of course he did it when I wasn't looking, but then he started doing it over and over again. Now he's also rolling over from back to front.
He's also practically sitting up by himself now. On Mother's Day we went to dinner and he was able to sit in the high chair without any problems. Our little guy is growing up!!

No comments: