Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Poor Little Guy

This has been a very rough week for both Grayson and for me as we've been dealing with his first real illness. It started last Wednesday and appears to be a stomach flu. That day I was able to get the vomiting and fever under control, but I freaked out a bit when I saw the drastic change in his personality that afternoon. Since then I've just been changing one horrible diaper after another and giving him lots and lots of Pedialyte to keep him from getting dehydrated. He really has been such a trooper and is a very happy baby overall, but he's not taking very good naps and he's not sleeping very well through the night as I'm sure you can imagine.

We went to see his pediatrician on Monday and he's looking okay. I think things are finally getting a little better, but if it hasn't stopped by next Monday, we'll be calling the pediatrician again. To top it all off, we lost our satellite internet and are suffering through dial-up as we wait for a new modem so that means no uploaded pictures!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Poor Grayson and Mommy! Is his poopy a yellowy color? My sister (the one you met at our shower with the two daughters) said that it may be rotavirus, everyone in their house had it, and it was terrible vomiting and diarhea for a week or so. Nothing to be done but fluids fluids and rest... I hope he's back to his cheerful healthy self soon!