Monday, May 29, 2006

So Much to Talk About

Those of us who have adopted often talk about how we've been blessed with the most wonderful children in the world. Over these past few days, Grayson has definitely proven that to be true. We've kept the little guy so busy, ruining his regular schedule and dragging him all over the place, but through it all he's been such a good boy.

On Thursday, my sister and I went shopping in the Baltimore area. We left at around 9:00 in the morning and didn't get home until 9:00 that night. Grayson was with us the entire time and we couldn't have asked for better behavior. Of course there were times he got a little fussy, but overall he did very, very well. Not until the last 10 minutes of the trip did he really get upset and by this time it was an hour past his normal bedtime, so we certainly couldn't complain.

Grayson experienced his first parade on Saturday. The Memorial Day parade in Sharpsburg is a family tradition. We have lunch at my Aunt Dee Dee's house and then walk the entire parade route to sit atop the walls at the end of town so we can get a perfect view of the festivities. On the walk up, Grayson fell asleep in his stroller so he got a brief nap. He absolutely loved watching the parade, especially when the bands went by, and then on the walk back he fell asleep again.

But the best part of the weekend was our trip to Linganore Winery on Sunday for their first wine festival of the season. It had a Caribbean theme so it was perfect for Grayson as we listened to the steele drum bands and lounged most of the day. Grayson even wore an appropriate bib for the occasion, given to him by my wonderful friend Erica. He loved watching all the people, but did ultimately give in and fell asleep in the tent we had set up especially for him. Once again, he was on his best behavior and even tolerated Dominic and I having dinner at my sister's house - putting Grayson about an hour past his regular bedtime again. But that was it, and he let us know it. Once we got home he went straight to bed!

This weekend has been one of the best for me since we brought Grayson home. There have been times when I've suffered the baby blues (and I've felt really guilty about that considering how long and hard we worked to create our family), but I have to keep in mind that that's normal and when those days come again, which I'm sure they will, I just need to look back on times like this. I truly am blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! We are thankful that Grayson is a part of the family and we too feel blessed to have a small part in his precious life! God is good! :)

Mel said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! I love the bib - must ask Erica where it came from.