Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Looking Good

Grayson had his 18 month check-up last Friday. I couldn't do an update at the time because our internet was out, but thanks to the miracle of tree and brush clearing our satellite is now up and running!! But, back to the point...

Grayson is now 34 inches tall and at least 28 pounds. I say "at least" because he wouldn't sit still to get a good weight so we had to estimate. I would guess he weighs somewhere between 28 and 30 pounds. He is in the 90th percentile for height and the 75th percentile for weight, so he's still a really big boy!

I also get to brag a little and say he is a bit advanced when it comes to his milestones. At each appointment, I have to complete a checklist of what he is able to do and according to the Nurse, I completed the 18 month list at his 15 month appointment so she had to give me the two-year old's checklist (and from what I can tell, that list seems to go fairly far up in age). By the way, the Nurse said "advanced" so those aren't actually my words but I'll happily take it!

The really neat part was that he was able to do a lot of the things listed on the two-year sheet as well. We obviously didn't get incredibly far, but he's able to put two words together like "no more," "one more," and "get it." He was also able to name all the animals pictured on the sheet and to be able to circle yes, he only had to name one. And he can also point to my body parts when I ask him. He actually says the body parts as well, but that wasn't part of the question.

Since his appointment we have been very, very busy. On Saturday we went to see a kid's band called Milkshake. I had never heard of them before but I had received an email from Enkore Kids which told me about the concert so Grayson and his friends got together to watch the show. They really enjoyed themselves and it was fun to watch them dance to the music. That night we went to visit an old friend of mine and he played with her two sons. He proceeded to dump sand all over himself so I had to hose him down before we went back inside. And finally on Sunday we got together we our local adoption group for a family dance party. Grayson was more interested in the piano at the hall rather than the dancing, but I think he enjoyed himself.

No comments: