Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Kid Still Loves to Eat

When Grayson was a baby, I was actually once told by one of the doctors at his pediatrician's office that he was eating too much formula. I had never heard of such a thing and didn't change how much I fed him.

Things really haven't changed much, even though people keep saying they will. When he was a baby "they" said he would slow down because no baby needs that much formula. When he turned 12 months old, the doctor said not to be alarmed if he didn't eat as much as he had been. It was perfectly normal for a toddler at that age to eat a lot less. Now everyone - including family and friends - say it will change when he turns two. We'll see.

What has prompted this post? Well, today at lunch Grayson ate an entire adult serving of macaroni and cheese with ham and peas. He then proceeded to drink two cups of V8 and eat a ton of blueberries. This evening for dinner he has eaten leftovers from last night - a cheesy chicken casserole. So far he has had two full servings of it, plus squash prepared with basil and garlic, plus Maryland Crab bagel chips. Hello?? Does this sound like a kid who is showing any signs of slowing down? No wonder my grocery bill is so high! That's okay, though, he's a very active kid who is already able to throw a mean football, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Here's a picture of him enjoying his dinner (this is after the two helpings):
On a different note, we went to visit my parents earlier in the week for Father's Day (we weren't actually able to make it there on Sunday) and try as I might, I really couldn't get a great picture of Grayson with my Dad. Remember the "active kid" comment above?? But, this one isn't too bad:
Happy Belated Father's Day to you dads out there!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that smile! I don't know Laura, maybe you are just a really good cook! Cheesy casserole sounds yummie to me too;)

Anonymous said...

I really wish my picky eater and Grayson could have a conversation! My Josh won't go near anything green...accckk...:)