Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Accident-Free

Yesterday we finally closed on the loan to remodel our house. It has been a very, very long road to get the loan thanks to all the recent changes in the market, but we finally succeeded. There weren't any "accidents" but it wasn't without some serious last minute kinks, but we were able to handle them and walk away with the construction loan we needed.

The contractor dropped off his equipment this morning and when Grayson and I got back from playgroup today, it looked as if he had already started working on tearing down the shed. The shed is going to be replaced with a two-car garage. This is where we'll keep Dominic's Jeep and all our yard equipment. It will also have a second floor for storage. Here's a picture of the original shed:
The house will also include a two-car garage, plus we are building off the back and adding a second story. Here's a picture of the current house:
I will start adding pictures to dotphoto soon just like I did for the basement, so people who are interested can watch the progress. I'm excited, but I'm also very nervous. This house was built by my parents 50 years ago. All of us grew up here and now I'm making some major changes. I know it is going to be worth it and we're also trying hard to include parts of the original house in the final plans, but I'm still anxious about the whole thing.

In other "accident-free" news, Grayson went without any potty accidents on Sunday - this was even with us going to church. He's doing a really great job so I guess he was definitely ready! Yesterday we were out on the road most of the day and the poor boy asked to go to the bathroom a couple times while we were in the car, but there was no place to go, so I'm going to invest in one of those portable potties for kids. Hopefully that will help with our long car rides. We have a pretty busy week ahead of us, which will allow for some great pictures (as long as Grayson cooperates), so I should have a decent update sometime soon.

No comments: