Monday, October 15, 2007

We're Surviving

One puppy almost completely house trained, one who isn't at all, and a toddler who is being potty trained. Right now I feel like my life is all about "going to the bathroom." What fun. But, we're surviving.

Grayson is doing much better than Melah who is insistent on not going outside. Grayson's mornings go very, very well, but after nap he starts to go a bit downhill. I really think it's the use of his diaper during nap time. I was always worried I was going to send a mixed message this way and I think he's picked up on that, but I keep trying to reiterate that diapers are for sleeping and he needs to use the potty when he's awake.

I'm actually trying to remember what else we've done this week to share with you, but I feel like it's been all about the potty training.

I guess the other "big" thing is that I'm also working on Grayson's birthday party. He's really interested in dinosaurs (for those of you who know me from childhood, you'll remember this was a big interest of mine as well) so we decided to make that the theme of his party. I've been enjoying it. I have even tried to find some of my old dinosaurs. So far I've only found three stuffed ones - I think the rest are gone.

Hopefully the planning will continue to go well. I really feel like I'm just constantly on the go, but then when I look back on the day, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I guess that's how it is with Stay-at-Home Moms sometimes. There are days that feel like you've reached new heights and days where you feel like you're just surviving.

2 comments:

Anne C. said...

I love the picture of the two dogs together!

You're doing a great job with all your dependents. :)

Tracy M said...

Hope you don't think this is too random, but I found your site when we were looking for another whippet puppy -- and we ended up adopting Oliver, Sookie's brother. I really enjoy reading about Grayson and your family. I especially enjoy seeing pics of Oliver's sister. She sure is a cutie :-) Take care.