Tuesday, October 09, 2007

New Things to Share

Well, Dominic and I did it again. We got another puppy. After the loss of our last dachshund, Marie, our new puppy was all alone and we could tell she was lonely. Plus, we always knew we wanted to have two dogs at a time and I knew I always wanted to have a dachshund. So, last week we did a little research and found a few breeders in the area who had some available. That is how we found Melah. She is one of the most beautiful red dachshunds I've ever seen. Where our previous reds had black highlights, Melah has white, so her red coat is much lighter. She also has a red nose, which is just adorable. Sookie and Grayson are both happy to have her in the house.

As for the other piece of news, Grayson has decided he wants to be potty trained. This has actually been going on for months, but I kept putting it off because I thought he was too young. Well, this past weekend he stayed with his Aunt Maria and proved he knew what he was doing. He regularly asked and used the potty without any problems. So this week we've started potty training officially. Today he has been in "big boy" underwear and we haven't had any problems. I guess we'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! Potty training and a new dog? "New Things to Share" is putting it mildly! But luckily, it's all great stuff. Good luck with all of the above!

Mel said...

Aw, Melah is so so cute! I love her red nose and what a great color. I hope Sookie and Grayson are adjusting!

Mel said...

Oh yeah, and very cool on the potty training. LMK how it goes!

Anne C. said...

Love the picture of Melah. She looks like a darling dog.
And congrats on the potty training. Good luck! :)