Monday, July 02, 2007

A Rough Couple of Days

Just last Sunday at church I was talking about how sick I was during Grayson's first year. I was constantly picking up something and feeling pretty miserable. I mentioned that since his first birthday I've been very, very healthy which is a definite blessing because I would no longer be able to just lie on the floor while Grayson played around me like I used to do since he is now such an active little guy.

Well, all that changed Thursday night when I picked up Grayson out of his crib to change his diaper and pulled something in my lower back. I've had minor back pain in the past, but never anything too severe. Until then. The pain was so awful that every move I made was pure torture. The next day I was still in tremendous pain but could still run some errands. When I got home and tried to rest Grayson wasn't going to have it. This had to be one of the most miserable days I've had with him and I could tell I was definitely not myself.

Since then, the pain comes and goes. I'll have moments when it feels much better and then moments when I'm in agony again. I've canceled a few plans, which is terrible for me because I hate being stuck in the house, but I thought it would be best to try and rest my back.

I did have a good day on Saturday morning, which was great because my friend Erica came to visit for a playdate with her son. Not only did we have a great time, but I actually got a picture of Grayson and me together - which so rarely occurs because I'm usually the one taking the pictures. So, here you go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of the 2 of you!!