Monday, July 30, 2007

Welcome Home, Sookie!

Dominic and I had always said that when all four of our dogs had passed away, we would wait for a while before we would get another one. Well, all that changed last week when Marie was at the vet's being observed, again, and for the first time in many, many years, I came home to house with no dog to greet me. It was rather depressing.

A couple days later I went back to the vet's to pick up a refill on one of Marie's medicines. While I was there, I noticed a flier on the bulletin board advertising the sale of Whippets. I had no idea what kind of dog they were, so I started asking questions. As the entire veterinary staff started to come out to talk to me, I found out they were great pets, good with kids, and that the breeder, Sleeping Fox Farm, happened to be the daughter of my vet.

So, I called her the next morning and Grayson and I went to meet her and the puppies. We fell in love. We had to wait a few days before we could pick up the puppy, which turned out great because Dominic and I were able to get things ready. Plus, I could read up on what it meant to have a puppy again. I hadn't had one for almost 14 years!!!

Sookie came home yesterday and she has been an absolute dream. She's very good natured and loves to snuggle - which is great because that's exactly what I needed. She had no problem sleeping with us last night and this morning, she's eaten some of her food and started playing with her toys. We also think Marie is happy to have another dog in the house. She had never been alone and after Madison passed away, we could definitely notice a change in Marie's personality. Overall, Sookie seems to be adjusting very well!!

For more pictures, click here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Sookie! Can't wait to meet her!

Anne C. said...

Yay! She sounds like a wonderful addition! Thanks for sharing her with us.